National Council for Agricultural Education Strategic Plan 2012-2015
Council Vision: To be the collective leadership voice for Agricultural Education in the United States
Council Mission: The mission of The National Council for Agricultural Education is to establish high quality agricultural education programs in America’s schools by stimulating:
- the preparation, retention, and advancement of high quality agricultural educators;
- the development of programs that prepare students for academic and career success;
- program innovation and adaptability in response to changing student and industry needs;
- the use of research-based practices in agricultural education programs at all levels; and
- expanded opportunities for students to experience high quality educational programs in agriculture.
Council Strategic Goals
- Strengthen the voice and impact of the Council within the profession.
- Collect data needed to demonstrate local program relevance and drive program improvement.
- SAE Renewal – Relevance and impact of SAE on student performance
- Review and revise the national content and program standards
- Develop an action plan to ensure the recruitment, preparation and retention of diverse, high quality teacher supply