National Council for Agricultural Education Strategic Plan 2021-2025
The Council creates an intentional direction for the Agricultural Education Model by:
- Connecting Leaders
- Fostering Collaboration
- Driving Action
The Council leads the future of school-based agricultural education by:
- Identifying opportunities and resources
- Providing a forum for thought and direction
- Focusing on academic and career success for all students
STRATEGIC PRIORITIES for 2021-2025
Recruit, prepare, retain and support agricultural educators
- Recruit and retain future agricultural educators at all levels, middle school through university.
- Prepare and support lateral entry and beginning agricultural educators.
- Develop models of preparation and licensure of agricultural educators, including necessary coursework, experience and collaboration/ alignment among teacher preparation programs.
- Develop leaders among agricultural educators at all levels across Agricultural Education Related Organizations (AERO).
Include all people and leverage diverse approaches
- Measure the presence and impact of current agriculture teachers from diverse backgrounds and learn from them.
- Recruit and retain teachers from diverse backgrounds and enable successful transitions from college to the classroom.
- Develop educational models and curricula that appeal to suburban/urban students.
- Elevate and emphasize inclusion, diversity and equity of agricultural education programs, students, teachers and professionals.
Engage and transition students to be leaders and advocates in/for Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (AFNR) and related industries
- Reinforce and improve work-based learning.
- Develop industry-valued and industry-validated certifications and credentials for students.
- Enhance agricultural education’s contribution to AFNR systems.
- Enhance agricultural education’s contribution to school academics, community service and leadership.
Develop collaborations within and beyond our agricultural education community
- Increase communication and collaboration among AERO groups to move agricultural education forward.
- Provide leadership for agricultural education.
- Gather metrics and publicize information that measures the success, value and importance of agricultural education.